Daphne D- AR: The Next Social Justice Movement

I am the voice of the voiceless: Through me, the dumb shall speak; Till the deaf world’s ear be made to hear The cry of the wordless weak. And I am my brother’s keeper, And I will fight his fight; And speak the word for beast and bird Till the world shall set things right.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stop Long Distance Transport of Sheep for Slaughter Petition


PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION TO THE GREEK MINISTER AGAINST THE LIVE EXPORT OF SHEEP TO ARABIAN COUNTRIES-THANK YOU



Stop Long Distance Transport of Sheep for Slaughter Petition

To: Minister Sotirios Xatzigakis

I am writing to express my concern and opposition regarding the government’s plan to resume the export of live sheep to Arabian countries.
Transporting animals long distances for slaughter falls well short of providing the level of animal protection now demanded by most developed countries.
Despite efforts in recent years to improve the welfare of farmed animals transported for slaughter over long distances, many thousands of animals continue to suffer and die every year on long sea and road journeys, and I believe it is impossible to make these grueling trips humane.
I urge you protect the animal welfare laws by refusing to resume live sheep exports , to stand firm against the cruelty of live export and maintain the country’s reputation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home